Monday, February 25, 2008

Today's Post

1. Limitations in the form that I found frustrating were that even if you wrote expressions with your dialogue, sometimes when other people are reading it they still don’t read it the way that you, the writer, initially intended it to be read. It was very difficult to come up with a topic for this play at the beginning, but once I had decided upon one it became very easy for me to keep writing and unraveling more and more of the plot.


2. If I were to give advice to a 10 year old, I would try to explain to them the idea of never taking anything for granted, because my childhood is one of the biggest things that I think everyone takes for granted during that time. The younger you are the more small things seem like a bigger deal. Children make a big deal out of not being able to get an ice cream cone or a train set, teenagers make a big deal out of what parties they do an don’t get invited to, and adults make a big deal out of what mortgages they can and can’t pay for.


3. Literary works that stand the test of time are works that appeal to all audiences and can be applied to all people at all times. It needs to have a message that is universal, and that people can relate to at all times of their life.

No comments: